Why wasting time to shave when you can have affordable price for permanent hair removal. For nowadays, Laser Hair Removal can cost less than your razors.
So nothing is perfect, what is the catch.
Nothing is perfect, Laser cannot remove 100% of the hair from almost everyone. The optimum result is 90%+ hair reduction on treated areas.
Laser Hair Removal is not for everyone. People with skin type I or VI may not fit for this treatment.(Not sure about your skin type? Test it with Fitzpatrick Skin Type Worksheet).
People with Skin Type I and with Red, White, or pure Blonde hair will not have good results for any laser hair removal treatments in the market. Our recommendation is electrolysis;
People with Skin Type VI are good candidates for ND-Yag or few Diode Lasers only. It will take more sessions, sometimes more than double, to achieve the optimum results.
Touch up are required in most people, 2 touch up per year is recommended by most dermatologists.
Effectiveness for permanent hair removal. In terms of effectiveness on Skin Type I-IV, Electrolysis is the best, followed by Alexandra and Diode laser (similar results), then ND-YAG laser.
5. Laser sounds scary but with the newer technology, it can be pain free to some skin types. However it depends on the laser equipment from your service provider. Our recommendation is Candela GentleMax Pro and Alma Soprano.
6. Pain level and Numbing Cream preparation for permanent hair removal. It is a little easier to summarize everything into a table.
7. After all this is laser, some pain should be expected especially on some sensitive areas(lip, bikini, underarms).
8. Bottom line for pain levels, if you can handle waxing, you can handle Laser Hair Removal with a nice smile.
The Risks and Side Effects
9. Mild redness, slight scabbing, and irritation may occur around the treated area, but will disappear rapidly or within several days following the procedure. In rare cases, the treated skin may become mildly lighter or darker.
10. Laser Hair Removal is not a new procedure, it becomes very popular during recent years. For the past 27 years, there is no study has shown any relation between skin cancer to laser treatments. Moreover, laser has been used to treat skin cancer clients for the past 10 years with great success.
11. Burning is not often, it usually happens to people with darker skins (mainly Skin Type V or VI).
12. Some Skin Types are just not suitable for lasers. Such as a history of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation. The darker skin types must pay attention to it.
13. People took (Accutane®) within 4 weeks before or after their laser treatments will have adverse effect because of a typical scarring that has been associated with use of this drug during treatment. Our minimum requirement is 4 weeks, but our recommendation is 6 months for clients want to start their Laser Hair Removal.
14. Taking Antibiotics 4 week before or after laser treatments are not recommended, it can cause scarring as well.
15. A few people 2%-10% especially in darker skin types will have temporary pigmentary changes after laser hair removal treatment. Don't worry because most of time this is not scarring. The skin will automatically resolve from weeks to months but everyone need to stay away from tanning on the treated areas.
16. If you are at all concerned, talk to your dermatologist before you start.
Before Your Treatments
17. The area to be treated should be shaved the day before your treatment.
18. NO Tanning (self-tanner, tanning bed, etc.) 4 weeks prior to treatment.
19. NO plucking, waxing, using a depilatory or undergo electrolysis in the areas you wish to have treated 4 weeks prior to treatment. Shaving is the fine.
20. NO Accutane 6 months prior to treatment.
21. NO make-up, lotion, body oil, perfume and jewelry prior to your appointment.
22. If you have a history of Herpes Simplex Virus or cold sores, you must pre-medicate one day prior to treatment to prevent further outbreaks.
23. Please inform your technician of all current/changes to your medications four (4) weeks prior to your scheduled treatment. Certain medications may cause your skin to be more sensitive to both sunlight and laser light. For your safety, we need to be aware of any medications you are presently taking.
After Your Treatments
24. Some redness and swelling around the treated area is normal after treatment and may feel similar to a sunburn. This should resolve within several hours to several days after treatment.
25. Applying ice packs or cool compresses will help with any discomfort
26. NO exercising or working out for a minimum 12 hours until the redness has subsided.
27. NO saunas, hot tubs, or hot showers for a minimum 12 hours until the redness has subsided. Warm shower is fine if no redness appeared on treated area. Stop immediately if redness appeared during shower, and apply the treated area with ice.
28. NO irritants (glycolics, acids, retinoids, etc.) for 7 days after treatment.
29. NO real suntan or use solariums for the entire duration of course of treatments and for 1 month after the final treatment.
30. NO plucking, waxing, using a depilatory or undergo electrolysis in between treatments. If needed, the only other acceptable hair removal method is shaving.
31. Apply sunscreen daily. It should be at least SPF 30 protects UVA/UVB and contains the physical blockers zinc oxide and titanium oxide. If sun exposure is expected, please apply SPF 50 sunscreen.
32. It may take 1-3 weeks for the dead hairs to shed out of the follicles. It’s recommended that you gently exfoliate the treated area 2-3 times the week after your treatment. Apply moisturizer after exfoliating to help skin replenish.
33. Last and most important factor for everyone. What's the cost.
Ever heard about Bared Monkey Laser Spa. If not, you should. We focus on customer satisfaction and results.
Anyway, we are here to provide effective services with amazing prices.